Tuesday, July 28, 2009

That whole faith thing...

I have had the aversion to Church, bible study, etc. lately. I wish I could tell you I have been diligent in my relationship with God even so. The nasty truth is, however, I have not. I don't know what is wrong with me. When I was in the hospital in February, all I did was pray. I had just emerged from a class on Nuero-theology (also called the biology of belief) and my faith was stronger than EVER. I still had issues with the church, but it didn't bother me to attend. The bible study I was going to helped so much to bring God and God's strength back into my life. 

But lately, I get upset when I even think about Church. I can't pin-point what is wrong, but something bothers me. This Sunday, I went to a church in Fredericksburg with my friend. After the praise and worship part of the service, I spent the whole sermon almost bursting into tears. Again, I have no idea why. The pastor only said one thing I disagreed with (that is the topic for another post), but I still wanted to sob or run or yell something obscene. 
What is wrong with me? 

0 comments: